[TR] TR3 Carpet Question

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:20:14 MDT 2016

On 5/16/16 9:59 AM, wbeech wrote:

> Currently I prefer the overlap, but perhaps I am wrong on that
> account, given there was no front piece in the original cars I suppose
> it is just a matter of individual preference.

If I were doing concourse judging I would likely deduct a couple of
points for modifications to the interior whenever I saw a carpet front
floor.

I don't know why people use carpet instead of the original style rubber
floor mats.  If you use the vehicle at all the floor carpet is a high
maintenance item and they hold water next to the floor panels if they
get wet.

With the factory style rubber mats I just unsnap them, remove the, hose
them down and I'm good to go again.  I've found the replacement factory
style mats TRF offers to be pretty durable.  And way more practical for
a TR tat actually gets driven.

TeriAnn
1960 Land Rover Dormobile
1961 Triumph TR3A