[TR] WWII fuel cans

John Summers rivers2hills at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 11:11:11 MDT 2016

Yes, I know this os off topic but not when It comes to WW II history.  My dad was an involuntary participantin that war.  He left me several relics and none more quaint than a .25cal automatic. It's actually a .623 Chek-Duzek.  Several years ago I thought I could make a buck selling it but at a recent local gun show the severaldealers I contacted had no idea what it was or it's value.  What I had read gave a range up to $700.  These defuuseswanted to pay me next to nothing.  Being that Jacksonville isn't a great storehouse of knowledge about such things I didn't take the bait.  Of course, apparently my dad was more concerned about having a small gun than one of obviousvalue such as the Baretta he traded for the Chek Duzek.  Good enough for a boy from a West Virginia "hollar".So, I have three .22 rifles, one .22 pistol, three ,22 rifles, two .32 ca; pistols (one antique) the Chek Dusek, and a .38calpistol!!  My Great Grandfathers 16 gauge shot gun and my own single shot Winchester 16 gauge my dad boughtfor me at age EIGHT.  We lived in a small town with the Ohio River one one side and hills behind our house.  An older buddyand I trooped around town carrying these "bazookas" and 10 minutes later would be on the side of a hillblasting cans or trees.  I imagine if we would have had a gas can we might have filled it with gas and blasted it.The same friend made pistols out of galvanized pipe, shove a "Silver Salute" in, drop a marble in the barrel light itand pray it wouldn't blow up.  Almost as exciting as driving top down in my '74 TR 6 at 45 or 50 down a city streettalking to the driver beside you about him having a TR 6 way back when I slobbered for one and how much it meant to him.We've ALL had that experience I'm sure!!!  I kinda got TR 6 into that long story to make it turn out legit:)))