[TR] Towing with TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 15:17:29 MDT 2016

> Do you think a TR3 would have any difficulty pulling a small
> boat total weight of about 700lbs?

You'd have to make the usual accommodations, but it should be quite do-able.  Keep an eye on the temp gauge though, as the engine
will be working harder and generating more heat.

One of our local club members pulled a small camping trailer to VTR 2001 in Breckenridge CO (roughly 1000 miles each way plus over a
mile difference in altitude) with his TR4. I forget what he said it weighed, but I'm sure it was more than 700 pounds.  But he was
keeping the speed down (maybe 55 or so) to avoid overheating.

Another friend told me he used to tow a small sail boat behind his TR3, but I don't know how far (or fast) he went with it.

Randall