[TR] TR4/6; steering column bushings

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:48:27 MDT 2016

When I did mine, I had the steering column out, and so it was a simple
matter to shoot some lubricant in, push the rubber protrusion in a bit
and whack it out with a hammer and wooden drift.

Replacing the bushings with the original style turned out to be dead
simple, and the column feels brand new again.  Removing and replacing
the column, however, was a different kettle of fish.  In the end, I
got it back where it belongs, and it's all lovely and repainted, but
there's a couple of bolts that were clearly the starting point for the
assembly of the entire vehicle.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.