[TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 01:54:57 MDT 2016

> It actually causes fisheye in paint - spots where the paint doesn't
> stick,  Orange peel you can possibly polish out.  Fisheye you
> can't.  BTDT, many silicone things got banned from the garage.

There are special solvents you can buy to remove silicone (including DOT 5) from surfaces before painting.  I use PPG DX-330
"Acryli-Clean", there are others.

Getting microscopic droplets of it suspended in the air is a real problem, especially if you do any cleaning with compressed air.  I
have a little desktop electrostatic air filter that I run on high for a few hours before painting, which seems to help a lot.

Randall