[TR] Stag hardtop trim question

StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org
Thu Mar 24 19:31:12 MDT 2016

Chad,

Yes, I have seen the plastic clips attaching the side brightwork.  May have been when the top was re-painted, from previous work.

I had two Stags built within a few months of each other, I pulled the trims off the hard top for repainting,  one had plastic and one had metal.

I think the plastic clips do a better job of not piercing the paint where pop-rivets pierce the paint and allow corrosion to set in. But the metal clips do a better job holding the trims.

BTW, did you get another Stag to replace your Mimosa one you sold?

Glenn Merrell

aka StagByTriumph Garage (now on FaceBook)

Remember, “the BEST trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone chips in the paint; and DEAD BUGS on the windscreen … with the occasional smell of manure!”