[TR] OD Transmission and Reverse Gear

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Fri Mar 18 21:31:07 MDT 2016

do not ever believe that just because john did it, that its sound.  he did a
lousy job on two for me, and basically refused to warranty the second one.
first one leaked like a sieve, and the overdrive lever was not correctly
adjusted, so it would go into overdrive and just stay there.  I spent $300
having a local shop fix all the leaks.  It was rediculous.  put oil in at
night and in the morning there was a puddle larger than a dinner plate.  I
think he's gotten to the point where he is so confident of his work that he
doesn't know when he does a lousy job.

the other one second gear ground, and he not only refused to warranty it, he
quit taking my calls or answering my emails.  I would never, ever use him
again.

I know some people swear by him, but I think if you are local, and can go by
and harass him, he maybe pays attention to you.  I'm 1000 miles away and he
clearly doesn't care.