[TR] TR4A dash pad

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 18 06:19:41 MDT 2016

John,

Yes the top dash pad is attached with adhesive. I used the spray 3m in
the green can that I picked up at lowes. I first put the pad on and
marked where the end would be so I could mask the rest of the body to
prevent overspray. Then I sprayed on the contact glue on both sides and
waited for it to get tacky.

Since you only get one shot for application of the pad, practice first
and mark the center point with tape or something. Then I set the pad
from the cockpit side forward towards the engine bay. Once you have the
dash side firm, just press evenly from the center out and everything
should go fine.

I was able to perform this task on my 63 4 and 72 6 with no issues. Just
take your time.

Also, it is not necessary to get glue right to the edge of the pad that
faces front to the engine bay as the windshield lower gasket will hold
that firm after it is installed.

Bob