[TR] Fwd: 20-50 oil

David Griffiths daveg at online.no
Thu Mar 17 16:09:28 MDT 2016

> Begin forwarded message:
>

>> Regarding issues of sludge, how much of it has to do with
>> using a top quality, micro-porosity oil filter like say WIX
>> or maybe NAPA?

I recommend a book called “Which Oil” by Richard Michell. I have a car from the 1920s in addition to a 1957 TR3 and this book gives a very good review of the development of oils, with their additives, for all vehicles eras, including gear box and diff. It’s technical, but not too technical. The subtitle of the book is “Choosing the right oils & greases fro your vintage, antique, classic or collector car”. It also talks about the development of oil filters. My 1929 doesn’t have one of these at all. I think I got it from Amazon.
Dave