[TR] TR6 Stromberg question

Creig Houghtaling creig555 at live.com
Sun Mar 6 21:16:10 MST 2016

Worked on the carbs today, and this is what I learned.
The poor running was primarily due to a vacuum leak. This car is a 76 and has had most of the emission items removed. There was a port on the intake manifold that was probably blocked, but it was open causing the poor running. The enrichment valves were both missing gaskets. This fixed some gas leak on the side of the carbs. The lower port on the forward carb perhaps should be blocked. I looked at a 74 TR6, and on that car this port connects to to the vacuum advance on the distributor.