[TR] TR250 handling question

Pat Fischer pfischer at rmi.net
Thu Jun 30 09:25:17 MDT 2016

Did the rack really need to be replaced? Good question, which I can't
answer at this point, the relevant part being gone. Yes, they did over
inflate the tires, which we fixed. The shop re-balanced this week,
saying their balancer needed recalibrating. Issues are improved, but
steering wheel shaking near 70 mph is still there and some drift on
secondary highways. Body and paint work I had done there was ultimately
satisfactory - after some struggle.

We will seek help from a different shop, as I think this one has had
enough chances.

Maybe this is a hint to take our cars to people who are at least as old
as the cars are - though that will be more difficult as time goes by,
eh? The previous owner of a shop at this location retired and sold the
business to a guy who was working there. Even under a new name the shop
carried over some of hint of assumption of competence, perhaps
misplaced. I hate losing a good source for service, but it happens.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance and good ideas.

Pat