[TR] Dipsticks

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 18:49:29 MDT 2016

On 6/18/16 5:07 PM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:

> I know there was a conversation recently about dipsticks, but I just
> bought a TR3 for restoration and the dip stick is a good 2-3 inches
> longer than the dipsticks from my other cars.  Plus, it has three
> markings, not two.

Series Land Rovers have a dipstick with three markings.  The bottom one
is the one quart low for street driving mark.  The middle one is the
full mark if you are driving on the street or off pavement but not on
steep inclines.  The top mark is the off road full mark and will keep
the oil pump pickup submerged in excess of 45 degree angles.

Sorry but I do not have one to measure the length.

TeriAnn
--
Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>