[TR] Gas tank repair

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Jun 5 15:18:04 MDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

I used the Eastwood kit on my tank about 3 years ago but first I had the
tank chemically cleaned at a local metal refinisher where they dip the parts
in some kind of nasty material that removes everything down to clean metal.
I think it cost me about $100.00 for the cleaning. He put some kind of
phosphorous coating on the bare metal to retard rusting. When I got it back
the inside and outside was spotless and it actually didn't leak! That was a
good starting point for the kit.

It's all painted on the outside and coated on the inside so it should be
good to go for as long as I have it. LOL

Dave Connitt

'67 TR4A IRS

http://davestr4a.com

YouTube: DavesTR4A