[TR] Gas tank repair

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Sat Jun 4 17:55:32 MDT 2016

In almost 19 years of ownership I’ve been left stranded only once that required a flatbed ride home..... and that was when something very very small in my tank wedged in and totally blocked the tank outlet. For that reason alone I won’t ever use a tank coating. They may all guarantee their product or their workmanship but if something does flake off and strand you, that guarantee does no good until you get the tow ride home....

My two cents....

Bob
Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/
1975 Mimosa TR6
CF38503U
TBI, 5 Speed, LSD, CVJs

From: Tim Moore
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2016 2:47 PM
To: Andrew Uprichard ; triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas tank repair

When I did the restoration on my TR250 I used Eastwoods Kit, my tank wasn't leaking, but I did it as a preventative measure. If I recall the process has 3 steps. There is a step where you use acid to clean the inside so be careful. I threw a handful of nuts and bolts in the tank to help dislodge any rust during the acid step while agitating and flipping the tank. Make sure its sealed well. Then I believe the next step was a phosphate solution and after that the latex. It was a bit laborious but totally doable.