[TR] Bearing Replacement

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Jul 24 15:21:38 MDT 2016

Marty, I did a baring swap on my TR6 from underneath and all went reasonably well.  As you surmised, the front main is problematic in that the sealing block must come out.  I carefully cut the seal and when I re-installed it I used an ample supply of Form-a-Gasket #2 to seal it to the block and the timing chain cover and I think my only oil leak issues were related to the worn spacer upon which the front seal rode.

I replaced the oil pump at the same time the oil pressure improvement was dramatic.

Dave Massey