[TR] TR6 speedometer drive removal

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Tue Jul 19 16:26:00 MDT 2016

I thought my TR6's speedo cable had died, but apparently not so. I have a j-type OD. After having the speedometer needle jumping about quite a bit for a while, it finally just dropped to no movement. I checked the cable interior and then the angle-drive. Other than a sticky point when threading the inner cable, both cable and angle drive seem OK. However, when all are fitted to the transmission, the cable interior can spin freely, so it seems that the drive gear in the transmission must be done.

Can I remove that gear from underneath, or do I need to pull the tunnel cover?

Mark Hooper 1972 TR6