[TR] TR7/8 V8 Project For Sale

Jamie Palmer tr6driver at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 14:56:25 MDT 2016

Unfortunately, my plans have changed and I won't be racing a TR"8" race car like I thought I would. Consequently, my project is for sale.  Included are:

   - Relatively solid 1978 TR7 body shell
   - 3.9 Rover V8 from Land Rover Discovery (needs rebuild but was running when removed)
   - 3.5 Rover V8 from 58k mileage 1980 Rover 3500 (car off road due to body damage)
   - 5-speed transmission and bellhousing from 1980 Rover 3500 (harder to find than you'd think!)
   - 5-speed transmission from 1980 TR7
   - Rear axle
   - TR7 front subframe modified by Lanky Fouchee (Group 44) for SCCA racing and Ted Schumacher for TR8 engine mounts (note, this is paid for but is at Ted's shop in Ohio)
   - Many other spares including steering rack, anti-roll bar and other components.
   - One set of TR7 steel wheels with old Yokohama A008 tires
   - There is no title. I will help you obtain one at your expense if desired; I intended this car for track use only.
$1500 for ALL (you'll have to pay for subframe shipping or catch Ted on one of his trips). If you've looked at what Rover V8 engines go for, you'll know this is a bargain. If you want it after we move it in two weeks it will be considerably more expensive!
Contact me at tr6driver at yahoo.com.  Car is in Fuquay Varina, NC (just south of Raleigh)
You can view the car at the post I made at Barn Finds here.  Note that the wheels and tires in the pictures DO NOT come with car, but ironically the TR7 steel wheels that do are also painted black.
Thanks,
Jamie Palmer

|  |  |

|  |