[TR] hydraulic jack recommendadtions

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Mon Jan 18 19:30:12 MST 2016

I bought a NAPA  791-6420 3.5 ton  steel jack about 8 years ago for about $300. It never quite worked right, always acting as if it had lost its pump prime. Seal kits are no longer available for it but I did find that a simple o-ring in the pump was worn. A replacement o-ring, industry size 204, has made a world of difference, but the way the pump is designed, it is just a matter of time before that o-ring wears out. There is too much side play in the pump piston. Another example of China design. Very disappointing. I like my NAPA store since they are locally owned and are excellent with farm and truck related parts but I won’t buy another one of their jacks. Years ago, their American made “Fleet” brand of hydraulic jacks were excellent. Time marches on.

Alex Thomson