[TR] Tr-- Lead vs. Bondo

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sat Feb 27 21:41:22 MST 2016

did a couple rear fender sections.... whole arch from waist line down
fore/aft of the well
but not door to tail light....
flanged the panel and stitch welded it all around.
good wire brush job on the seam to clean up the joint.... tinned than
leaded the whole joint area.
CAREFUL sanding as lead can be VERY hazardous.  A light skim coat of
polyester resin
just to fill in a couple pinholes...  sealed, primed and painted.
It has held up fantastically for over 4 years and 10k or so miles of
jostling about.
I do believe I'll rarely ever used bondo again when possible.

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com