[TR] TR3A flywheel bolt on ring gear

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:48:45 MST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:26 PM,  <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:
> when I try to start the engine, the starter clicks and whirrs, but doesn't engage.

I'm no expert, but I would think that if the ring gear was close, you
would eventually hit a spot where it would engage and jam on
mismatched teeth.  If the starter spins readily, but never engages the
ring gear, then maybe it's not popping the Bendix out?  Did you try
bumping the flywheel around to see if it engages somewhere?

Are the ring gears the same diameter?  Seems like they would have to be...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.