[TR] Re; TR6 convertible top questions

Dave Murphy roadwarriordave at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:40:43 MST 2016

Peter, Its interesting that you don't have the same width shrinkage problem that I have with my tops which spend about 2 days raised each year and remain folded all winter. The length on my tops has stretched, so they are easier to attach at the header rail than when new. I think stretching the length causes the width to shrink (Poisson's Ratio) as in an elastic band. Do you mostly keep your top raised?

<I have had two sunfast tops on my TR6, one for about 10 years, the current one for about five.I have never had a real <shrinkage problem either side to side or front to back.  Over the years it will get slightly harder to stretch up, but not <enough to really speak of.  These are Robbins' sunfast tops.  would not go back to vinyl.
<Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver  <<The main complaint I have with both the original top and the Sunfast is that the tops attach to the velcro on the folding <<side rails for only about 2 years before the width of the top "shrinks" and becomes too narrow to even reach those side <<rails.
<<-Dave Murphy, Dearborn MI