[TR] In a word, which top?

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Fri Feb 5 19:58:38 MST 2016

My wife doesn't like riding with the top down, so having a zippered rear window became a priority for me.

Zippered windows started on TR250's. Trying to find someone to make one for a TR4A was impossible. But I wanted one. The big 3 didn't have a clue. Tried all the usual suspects who made them. All said NO. So I decided to take the plunge and try to do it myself. No No, not modify the top, but to modify the hoodsticks to accept a TR250 top.

All said and done, it takes more than you think. The front cross brace had to be modified to make it all work. The results are pretty much undetectable. Nobody noticed at the last Triumphest. I'll be going to VTR2016, so we'll see how the car gets judged.

I love the zippered rear window.

Johnnie in San Diego

'67 TR4A IRS