[TR] chrome paint

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 31 13:07:10 MDT 2016

> I have heard good things about a new powder coat
> material/process that looks very close.   Now looking for something to
> take to my local guy as a test before redoing my bumpers, chrome quotes
> from $500-800 each!
>
> Would like to hear from someone that has already BTDT.

Possibly not the same powder as this was some time ago.  I have some items
that were done in "chrome" powder coat by the late Fred Thomas.  They do
look nice, but it's more of a plastic look.  I don't think anyone would ever
mistake them for real chrome.

Having it inside the gauge housing sure did brighten up the illumination,
though.  I can actually read my temp gauge at night!

Randall