[TR] Dynalite alternator

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 26 20:11:23 MDT 2016

> You've shared with us a link for the H4 bulbs but where does one get the
> housings in which to put them? Would they be an eBay-type item?  Seems the
> pattern the bulbs put out would depend-upon the reflector assemblies
> within the housings....

You're right, the final pattern does depend on the housing (reflector and
lens) as well as the bulb.  But since the LED bulbs don't generate the same
pattern as the incandescent bulbs, the result has to be at least somewhat
different.

H4 housings are readily available on eBay, and I have bought from there
before, with mixed results.

But this time, I bought Bosch brand housings (in hopes of getting better,
longer lasting quality) that were on sale (then) at BusDepot.com.
Unfortunately, they must've been a closeout or something, as I don't see the
same housings available there now.  However, I believe these would work
about the same:
http://www.busdepot.com/nl910ch4/

If you do want the security of buying a known name, they also have Hella
conversions (which is probably the way I would go today):
http://www.busdepot.com/0301600118

NFI, etc, just a satisfied customer.  Of course, there are lots of other
places and brands, etc., that's just what I did.

-- Randall