[TR] That'll teach me

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:24:30 MDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Andrew Uprichard
<auprichard at uprichard.net> wrote:
> I don't know where you guys live, but it happened to a friend who lived on
> the Keys.
>
> Anyone think this might be related to salt water?

Back in the day, I was told it was due to oil leaking on the flywheel
and pressure plate.  Just a little bit was enough to stick it.

It makes sense that the opposite is true...if you have a leak-free
LBC, it's more likely to stick since the flywheel can rust to the
disc.

I dunno for sure.  Someone should pull the transmission next time it
sticks and see what's up...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.