[TR] Stag quit at speed

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 20 19:08:10 MDT 2016

> But does a bad battery explain the car quitting going 65 after being on
> the road for 15 minutes?  Not to mention that the battery is less than 6
> months old, and hardly driven at all.

Sorry, I missed that you were actually doing 65 when it quit.  In that case,
I'd say you also have a bum alternator (or wiring to it, etc.).  But I still
think you've got a battery problem.

Batteries can be ruined in a matter of days by running them totally flat and
leaving them that way.  Had that happen just a couple of months ago in a
non-LBC, to a battery that was only about 4 months old.  I was out of town,
and the wife accidentally left the dome light on.  When she went to start
the car exactly a week later (it has to be moved every Thursday for street
sweeping), the battery wouldn't take a charge.

Randall