[TR] Dynalite alternator

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:18:34 MDT 2016

On 8/15/16, Allan Stults <acstults at hushmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried a Dyanlite alternator?  They're expensive, but I
> believe it would sure be an improvement over the generator in my '62
> TR 3.
>
> Allan Stults

I took a look at what they are.
http://www.powerlite-units.com/dynalite-fitting-example/

It's expensive in that it's targeted to people who want their
alternator to both look like the generator it replaces and also just
"wires up" so it looks as if nothing has changed.

There's a company that does the same thing for USA-manufactured vehicles.

If functionality is desired over original looks, there seem to be many
more and less expensive alternatives.

It's all in what you want for your car.

--
Hoyt