[TR] need advice, short girl

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Fri Aug 12 20:55:45 MDT 2016

I'm 5 feet, .25" tall.  I bought a '71 TR-6 new and the dealer had a
mechanic come in with a torch so that he could bend the brake and clutch
pedal rectangular steel parts so that I could reach them.   I had the same
thing done to the '73 I now own.  Accelerator pedal was not a problem.  I
also use a 2" thick foam cushion to sit on.  On my TR-3, I just raised the
seat up on blocks.  I may have moved it forward a bit more too but I don't
remember.  One caveat if you go the torch route, make sure to pull off the
plastic brake light switch.  The heat will melt it.  Reinstall after the
pedals are at the right distance.

Hmmmm, a short girl in a TR-6.  Sounds wonderful.  Figures I'm probably too
old and definitely too far away.

Ron L.

   4. need advice (David Porter)

Message: 4