[TR] Rattling

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 15:48:32 MDT 2016

Spent the day rebuilding the carbs on the TR3.  Great video on You Tube showing step by step every little move. Easy Peazy.  Only thing it forgot was how to replace the check valve in the fuel reservoir.  Put it all together and started up and kept idle.  Will check mixture next weekend.

Interesting thing.  The mixture nuts had gotten too tight to adjust.  They just spun in the assembly while in the car, meaning attempts to adjust the mixture before the rebuild wasn't happening.  Broke them free and cleaned them, work fine.

Amazing how simple these little carburetors are.

Question.  When I think it was Apple Hydraulics rebuilt these the first time, they installed brass bushings for the throttle shafts.  Still fine, those.  But at some point, when they wear, I'll want to replace the bushings.  Is there a standard source for them?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire