[TR] Paint job!!!!!!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 08:38:37 MDT 2016

> O. M. God., $6,000,,,,,,,the sport of kings or Silicon Valley CEO's!!!

Do they have MAACO in your part of the country?  If no body work is
required, they will do a decent job painting for a lot less than $6000.
ISTR the paint job was under $1000, including sanding off the old paint &
primer (which probably had lead in it), painting the stripe, door jambs and
so on.  I removed all the chrome beforehand (so they would paint under it),
but they would have masked it for the same price.

Of course, it's not concours quality, but it's just fine for a "driver".  I
get lots of comments on the car, and not one person has ever commented on
the paint job being cheap.

The body work I'm less happy with, I won't have them do that again (but
hopefully I won't need to).  But the paint was worth the price, and although
I had to take it back once for some touch-ups, they cheerfully took care of
the problems.

It has accumulated a few road chips already; I'll probably get it repainted
in a few more years.  Or maybe by then, I'll try doing it myself.

-- Randall