[TR] winter storage

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 07:54:00 MDT 2016

I pulled a TR3 out of storage this week and noticed it was  detonating
(which it didn’t do last fall when last driven).  Have  to assume it is a gas
problem.  Which begs the question:  store the  car with a full tank of gas
(with or without a stabilizer) or as empty as  possible?

For the last 13 years my storage as regards  the fuel is simply driving to
the fueling station, adding the proper amount of  Sta-Bil, adding fuel to
completely full, which effectively stirs up the just  added sta-bil.  Then
driving around for ten or so minutes to get treated  fuel into pump and carbs.
The 2 is then driven home to start  a noninterrupted long winter nap.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54  TR2LD