[TR] TYR3 Overdrive maintenance

Bill Beecher bill_beecher at flash.net
Fri Apr 29 15:50:11 MDT 2016

First O/D TR since high school and am doing the routine fluid changes in
prep for the summer driving.  Have been to the manual and the VTR site but
can't get a warm fuzzy from either.  I am a little paranoid because right
now the O/D unit is performing flawless and I just don't want to screw
anything up.

1. Have learned that the transmission and O/D use the same oil reservoir so
is the Red Line MT90 that I really love for the trans is OK in the O/D unit?
2. I have drained the trans from the normal plug, do I drain the O/D from
that big brass plug?
3. If #2 is yes, Do I have to be careful of anything that may come out, i.e.
springs or seals, when I remove the plug?

Many thanks,
Bill B
TS30800L(O)