[TR] The story (drags on) continues

John Summers rivers2hills at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 18:50:13 MDT 2016

I felt well enough today (though I'm paying dearly now) to crawl under the TR 6 and tinkerwith the slave cylinder,,again.  At this point I don't know whether to shoot the car, or myself!!You've seen me here whining before, right?  Well, here I go again.  I'm sorry.  Tried to get the car in gear yet again and again and again!  To no avail.  The bear facts are I bled, re-bled I don't knowhow many times today.  Pumped the clutch with anywhere from good pressure/resistance to no resistance.Looked in the resivoir numerous times, filled the resivoir several times,,,,,,pumped the lever that the slave activatesMANY times and did see air bubbles and then did not see air bubbles and even thought I had defeatedthe beast,,,but didn't.  In my final try of course started the car in neutral and tried to put the car in gear.Nothing doing!! Every gear, the same thing.  I might as well have been pushing the shifter in hardenedconcrete. Bright idea!!  Just for fun put it in gear BEFORE you start it.  Very funny!!!  In gear, well, I didn't want to drive it off the jack and jack stands.  This is where I gave up.  From 2 PM to 6:30 with a glimmer of hope.  No hope.It wouldn't he such a big deal if we were rolling in money.  We have been there before and I have throwna ton of money at this car,,,,,,just to make it do the right things mechanically.  The body is worse thanit was when I bought it in '98.Answer me this:  The way I installed the slave and have driven the car like this is  with  the  rod facing forward.Now, diagrams I have seen really don't indicate which way the darned thing points.  I DO have to remove the oil filter to access thenut to bleed it.  I have a "spin on" adapter installed and to get any access to either top or bottom nut, the filter has to come off.Is it possible I have the darned thing backwards?  I don't see how that could be because the rod and lever match up perfectlybut I've done sillier things.  I know this is long, but I've GOT to get this car on the road.  Maybe I mentioned it in another postbut our '98 Maxima suffered a fender bender,,,,,,,on 2/20.  We've been in a rental car ever since. State Farm sent me to Hertzand the Maxima is at a national chain called Gerber.  I didn't know what to do and was relying on them to get the job done.Gerber declared it a total because it would cost way more to repair than it was worth.  The problem is - that is our only working carand in the last six weeks or so I have taken my oldest son to the emergency room something like 7 times.  He has asthma for one thing and three disc's bulging which give him horrible head aches to the point of causing him to vomit because ofthe pain.  He also has NO cartilage in his left knee.  My wife is way ahead of him and has gone through this for 30 years. The last 16years on total disability.  Her head hurts so bad her only respite is unconsciousness and except for appointments with the psychiatrist,her pain doctor of 20 years and her G.P. she is in bed.  So the TR is our last resort. Yes it is difficult for her to get in and out ofbut that is the only thing we have.  And that's only about half the story.  AGAIN,I apologize for the length of this post and my stupidity but I've GOT to get this car on the road,,,,,,,,plus, dang it, the weather here in North Florida has been gorgeous and I wanna do som top down driving.  At 67 am I:((  Thanks guys.