[TR] Commission number verification

Dave dlhogye at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 18:33:52 MDT 2016

Hi Jim,
There is only one location for the commission number and it is stamped in the tag and riveted to the firewall.  The body tag is a completely different number and is screwed to the firewall above the battery.
If you need to find the correct numbers, the choice is to send for the Heritage Trust Museum certificate.   It costs around $50.  I think it is worth it and nice to have if you happen to give a darn.
I didn't have the body tag for my TR3A.  I sent for the certificate and it provided the correct numbers for the whole car,  commission number, body and EB numbers, engine, transmission, and rear axle.  It also provided build date, delivered options, port and dealer info.  All cool stuff to know in my book.
I also sent for one for a TR2 long door that I bought.  It didn't list as much info as the later car, the engine number wasn't recorded, but it still provided good info.
The engine number, TS2313E, is close to the commission number, TS2172LO, on the TR2, so I know that it is original to the car.

// Dave
831-234-4928
p.s. My godfather lives in Ocala.  Dave Smith, total car guy and retired SCCA racer after 40 plus years of driving.

Sent from my iPad