[TR] what happened?

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 09:20:21 MDT 2015

The plugs were wet with oil, and yes it was a brand new head gasket.

I suspect a head gasket too, and I'll check the oil for water.

Thanks,

Rye

On Oct 15, 2015, at 06:15 AM, Chris Simo <ccsimonsen at gmail.com> wrote:

Is that water or oil?    Lots of white smoke would indicate to me a blown head gasket and water on the plugs.

Did you replace the head gasket with a new one when you fixed the oil ring?   Probably not recommended, but I've reused them (1x)  in the past, but always painted them with the copper coat head gasket paint.

I've blown head gaskets that leaked water into the pistons only -- no water in the oil.  But you may want to check your oil for contamination.