[TR] Can't pull cam from block

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Mon Oct 12 14:08:05 MDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions - it was a lifter! Easy to fix, I was able to use a
narrow metal rod to push back the offending lifter then the cam slides right
out. (Yes, the distributor/oil pump and fuel pump hardware had already been
removed.)

As for why I didn't pull the head first - hah! That's the problem. I've been
treating this head with Kroil/PB-blaster/etc. for about a 6 months as it sat
in the corner of the garage, but it still has not budged. Can't use the rope
trick because there's no flywheel or crank pulley to put any torque on. I've
had Kroil in through the plug holes, and now it's been upside down for a while
now and I've worked Kroil past the pistons. I've banged on all the available
"ledges" around the head with a small sledge hammer and a crow bar. Next is to
get it as hot as I can and see if that sucker will let go.