[TR] TR4 Hard Top Issues

Jeffrey Gayton jtgayton at icloud.com
Mon Nov 30 13:56:02 MST 2015

Greetings. I’m trying to figure out the best way to repair my hard top. The nut that’s secured to the rear of the hard top that lets you bolt the top to the back glass came loose. This looks like it may be a common problem, as the one on the other side was riveted back in place (that one’s a bit loose too). What’s the best way to repair? My welder was a bit nervous about deforming the aluminum top itself and suggested trying JB Weld. I wasn’t able to get enough clean surface area for that to work either.

Any other suggestions? My only remaining idea is to pry the nut out, which would give me access to the inside, presenting me with more clean surface area for metal putty and epoxy.

Thanks.

— Jeff