[TR] TR3/4 Cam Bearing Hole Size

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 16:53:03 MST 2015

     I recently picked up a Morgan Plus 4 with the original Standard
Vanguard engine in it (similar to a TR2). The engine was pulled because of
low oil pressure at hot idle. The original engine design has no cam
bearings, just the cam turning iron on iron in the block. In time it wears
and you get low oil pressure. I've been considering having the block line
bored to take the replaceable TR3 cam bearings. Is there someone out there
with a torn down TR3 block that can give me the measurements of the hole
where we pull the rear three bearings in to? I have a couple of other blocks
that I'll take the measurements off of and compare before I go line boring
my block.

     TIA,

     -Bill in Tehachapi, CA