[TR] TR3a Radiator Issues

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Thu Nov 19 16:19:24 MST 2015

Evening all,

During the summer I had to move my '3a and in the process the bottom of the radiator got punctured.  Depressing sight.....  It is the original one, even with the crank hole in the middle.  It also has a leak around where the neck attaches to the top tank from before but that was patched.  I am wondering on what to do and looking for experience feedback:

1.       Try and get it repaired?  Given it is original, how much real life is there?

2.       Buy a new replacement from one of the big three? What is the fit and finish been like?

3.       See if someone has a spare to sell and ship to Southern Ontario? What shape and do I run risk of failing first week after install?

4.       Buy an aftermarket 'racing' one? Look horrid :) but what is the fit and finish like?

5.       Other options?

Thanks
David
'59 tr3a - wanting to wake.....