[TR] Alternator?

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Wed Nov 11 17:57:40 MST 2015

I have been looking for an alternative alternator.  But I would like one
that is more easily available than most of the options I have seen.

When we were on the road in my wife's TR250, we could not find anything
that was available locally.  All of the options like the Camaro and
Fiesta that I have seen are about 30 years old and were not on hand.
Everything was going to take 2 or 3 days to get to the FLAPS.

We ended up having a Lucas one shipped, from one of the big suppliers,
overnight to our next planned stop and just made use of friendly shops
to keep the battery charges as we drove.  Stop for lunch - found a shop
near a restaurant.  Stopped for ice cream found a nearby shop.  Same for
supper.

Roger