[TR] An expensive lesson

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Nov 9 20:22:20 MST 2015

Gotta love those stares!

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
terryrs at comcast.net
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 9:15 PM
To: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock at gmail.com>; 'list Triumph'
<triumphs at autox.team.net>
Cc: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] An expensive lesson

I know.  I know.  I've been bitten a couple of times by aftermarket parts
that don't quite meet original quality.  We've talked here, for instance,
about rotors for the dizzy that don't meet standards.  That said, I am
grateful beyond measure for the chance to have at them in order to get my
car back on the road (seemingly each year) after one issue or another.

I subscribe to "Bring a Trailer."  Can't imagine even attempting to bring
back to life some of the offers there given there are zero parts available
for some of those obscure, but cooooool, cars that show up there.  Imagine
having to have specially manufactured parts for common issues like pistons,
brake cylinders, and all that.  Gadfrey!  People who go that route have way
more money than most of us, I suppose.

Terry  Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
I've been daily driving my car from 2004 to 2015.  The car was made in 1959
and put in a garage as a rust relic in 1975.  Means I've driven this car
nearly half its operational life thanks to TRF and Moss.  The payback for
the trubble is the stares from civilians.