[TR] Adventure

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 26 11:52:47 MDT 2015

> Correction: It was his 1970 lemon yellow Chrysler station
> wagon that had the LH wheel threads.

I think 70 or 71 was the last year.  My family owned several earlier Chrysler products that had the LH lug nuts on the LH side,
including my 68 Dart, but my 73 Valiant had RH nuts all round.

The physics was sound, but too many people didn't realize and tried to turn the LH nuts to the left to remove them.  AFAIK Chrysler
was the only company to use LH lug nuts.  Ford & GM always used RH threads (and the LH nuts on my first car, a 62 Biscayne, showed a
definite tendency to work loose).

-- Randall