[TR] wheel studs - TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 25 22:20:41 MDT 2015

> Not the same. TR3 studs thread into the flange from the front
> and are peened at the back to hold them in place.
> At least that is what I recall, haven't worked on one for a while.

Your memory is good.  Also applies to TR4.

It used to be that you could buy aftermarket studs that were threaded all the way, and thread them in from the back; but I couldn't
find any the last time I looked.

And when I tried to install knurled studs in a TR3A hub many decades ago, the hub was so hard that it just sheared the knurl off the
studs and left them loose.  Might have worked better if I had tapered the hole, but I was 1000 miles from home and lucky to even
come up with a drill & bit.

-- Randall