[TR] A question about wire wheels

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:26:42 MDT 2015

Sometimes a ham-fisted tire tech will change a wire wheel tire on equipment
really meant for disc wheels.

That equipment may use a steel rod that is intended to pass through a lug
hole to secure the wheel during the work.  If that rod is used through a
gap in the spokes (near the hub) it will secure the wheel but may also bend
the spoke as the tire is worked onto the rim.

Geo