[TR] TR3 Radiator Design

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:07:36 MDT 2015

I had a Wizard Cooling radiator in my car when it came back on the
road in 2012.  Two of 'em in fact.  The first one had a upper tank
hose inlet that would have taken a truly interesting piece of hose to
connect with the thermostat housing.  It was offset by several inches
from being lined up.

Turns out Wizard Cooling were subcontracting work to people who had
wrong drawings or couldn't read the right ones, and it had to go back
to them.  The next one fit, but I was never convinced tank volumes or
flow rates were quite sufficient.  My car puked coolant every time I
drove it for about a year.  I went to a recored original.  Maybe it
was unrelated changes such as better tuning and engine break-in, but
the car seems much happier now.  The gently-used Wizard radiator is in
my parts stash.  If somebody is really eager for one, lemme know.

So here's a least one voice with something other than good things to
say about them...