[TR] oil pressure

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 13 20:28:32 MDT 2015

IMO 80-85 is OK.   But I wouldn't go any higher as it will be more apt to leak (plus the possibility of blowing the oil canister
off) and/or shear the drive to the oil pump.

That said, I had a freshly rebuilt TR3A motor that would hit the peg on cold starts even though the valve was set to 70 psi.
(Something about straight 40 weight racing oil in winter <g>)  And it didn't appear to suffer any ill effects before I changed the
oil to a grade more suitable for winter.

But before changing it, I'd double-check the pressure gauge.  They sometimes read high, even if they return to zero.

-- Randall

  _____