[TR] windshield problem

STEVE STERN machinemd at msn.com
Wed May 6 10:07:43 MDT 2015

Before I lose my mind....too late for that....thought I'd pick on more experienced minds for advice. In waking up my 76 Spitfire from it's 10 year nap I thought I'd replace the windshield. Found the kit deal from Vicky Brit on sale and got it. First read everything from all Triumph sites. Extra thick rubber seal can be a problem, mounted it on car, found no clearance from dash on lower corners and shaved em a bit to 1/8" clearance. Got windshield in on 3rd try with lots of muscle and Vaseline in body groove and soap in glass groove but can't get it settled. Bottom & top perfect but at both sides seal is up from glass as if glass is 1/8" too wide. Vicky Brit glass? Seal? Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Steve