[TR] Other Triumph Forums

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:56:19 MDT 2015

On 3/31/15 4:43 PM, 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org wrote:
My thoughts are this.......... in 1997 the Internet was relatively new
with most
people in the early to mid 90's using services like AOL, Prodigy,
Comp-u-serve
etc. Netscape Navigator was the "first" browser and that came out around
1995 so
there wasn't much graphics in those days.

In 1997 I have been on the internet for over a decade (First connected
in 1984) and the British car mailing list had just turned 11 years old.
My first web browser was Mosaic which I first got a copy in 1994.  In
1998 my Triumph web site was started.

Mosaic became Netscape Navigator.

Over the years I have joined several forums but seldom visited them.
The push nature of email lists put the threads in front of me without my
thinking about the forum then linking to one to see if there is anything
new.  Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I much prefer to have the treads
pushed to my emailer.  I do have a strong preference for being able to
attach jpegs.

I for one never plan to abandon email lists for my primary fix.

TeriAnn