[TR] Other Triumph Forums

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 17:58:32 MDT 2015

I am not an old timer on the Triumph list, I think I started on it a year or so after I got my TR250 in 2008.  It does seem as though traffic is down, actually I think activity is down on the other Triumph place a frequent, British Car Forum.  Unfortunately if things slow down too much either everybody leaves or most leave but a hard core few.  I know Kas Kastner has a forum that is pretty slow, and I think six pack has one two.  If you have to wait a day or two before you maybe get an answer to a question you are probably going to look elsewhere.

I do have to say that I don't think the long term prognosis looks that good.  I know there are people younger than me on the list and on BCF, but when I go to my local club events I am, at 53, almost always one of the youngest if not the youngest guy there, we did have one college kid in the club a couple years ago, but he is gone, and other than that there are maybe 1 to 3 at the most couples/members in out 150 member multi-marque British car club younger than me.

I think the Healey list is a little more active, I still lurk there after selling my 100.  I don't know what the answer is, adding picture capability certainly bumped up activity for a while (and temporarily overloaded my inbox!) but seems that was a flash in the pan.

Greg Lemon
TR250