[TR] Other Triumph Forums

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:01:36 MDT 2015

On 3/31/15 11:12 AM, jimmuller at rcn.com wrote:
> I remember fluif.  And Dale Cook, Ovr Fovnder.
I hadn't thought about Dale in years.  In 1986 I was occasionally
posting questions about my TR3 on rec.autos when Dale emailed me and
said he was starting up a new email list and asked if I wanted to be one
of the initial members.  He worked at Apollo computers and had the list
running on one of the company computers.

As I recall he had an MGB that he kept in a tiny single car garage that
had stone walls and a dirt floor.  I'm not sure but I think in the end
he said that he and his wife were getting a little too round to easily
get in and out of the MGB.

Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software
connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected to
the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad those
days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.

But I still miss some of the folks that were part of the old british car
mail list.

TeriAnn